The Dirt is Turned and DRY!



The little garden is planted, the pictures don't show all of it, it's kinda' like spaghetti - long and skinny!
But the first of the tomatoes - the cherry type and the Romas - are in the ground, as are onions, cauliflower, broccoli, brussels sprouts and cabbage, cucumbers, corn, green beans and of course, the entire squash family. Plus the watermelons that needed to come out of the greenhouse to make room - it may be too early for them yet, but they're still alive and blooming!
The biggest garden is now officially started, with lettuce, carrots, peppers, and more green beans already planted. I can get them done in a hurry if I think it's gonna' rain so that I don't have to water! Still waiting on the fence to be finished so I can put out the bigger tomato varieties. And more cucumbers, of course.
I'm starting on a research project in the little greenhouse, doing aquaponics, so if you'd like to see what that's all about you can see it at Greenhouse Aquaponics. I'm trying to get some research started for future gardening possibilities. The opportunity of a totally natural ecosystem involving food interests me greatly, as I'm sure it does anyone that is concerned about our future food supply.
But the sun's out, the garden calls, the rain waits for no one - so I must get finished what I can do for now!