Plowing's DONE!

Just so excited about getting my hands dirty!
Last week we had an unexpected frost, didn't turn on the greenhouse heater, lost several of my beautiful plants, but alas, my own fault!
The garden is ready to plant, have the rows lined up and the Japanese Towers ready for the cherry tomatoes, but didn't get to plant anything yesterday - storm in the Midwest!
We didn't get any rain during the day, but while we were in the garden we got to watch a tornado try to make its way to the ground. Thankfully it didn't make it.
But it rained a little last night and today's temperature is in the lower 40's so I'm not actually planting until tomorrow. I took out most of the plants and doubled the walls in the little greenhouse and the lowest it's read since has been around 50. Plants are liking it pretty well, too! Not growing too fast, but getting stronger and ready to plant outside.
My potted plants, the zucchini and tomatoes are still sitting next to me in front of the deck doors. The zucchini has already started with the silly blooms! I hope it gets warm enough to set them outside soon.
I'm posting pics of my little greenhouse. They were taken at night, so it's a little hard to see. I didn't have the plants back in there yet, so it's also a little bare! I am going to start some hydroponics - well, actually aquaponics since I'll be using fish. Getting it up and running first of next week, fingers crossed!
The lights work really well, too bad they're outside my bedroom window. So much for pre-planning!


BUSY TIMES AHEAD!!!

No comments: