I Love The Rain - Just NOT SO MUCH!

Another short time has flown by and the garden is still wet - sounds like my past posts, huh? It seems like I'm repeating myself over and over again!
Well, the squash has just about drowned. The first planting of cucumbers has been pulled up - too wet, caused fungus - but the tomatoes and the green beans are having a heyday with the weather. They are just not producing too terribly much since there hasn't been any real heat or sunshine to speak of. this week seems to be a little better, however, so my next post may not be quite as dismal.

I am still loving those Japanese tomato rings! The cherry toms - all three varieties that I planted on them - are thriving and are still so lush and producing so many tomatoes! I have never raised so many cherry toms at once. I have started more Roma tomatoes to see if they like them as much as the baby toms do. I still have people stopping to ask what they are, but I may do all of my tomatoes on them this fall and next year!

Sales are off and on for the veggies. With no advertising we are still doing pretty good. Now that everything is getting into full production we may start some advertising on the turn-off road to get here. We are still planning a high tunnel for the front garden to see how long this winter we can keep these tomato rings going. It has also been so wet that the onions are not growing much, but the ones we have pulled and eaten have been absolutely divine. Juicy and sweet with no heat at all! We are keeping the rest of them - a little selfish, I know - but there aren't near enough for my use AND to sell. You just have to draw the line somewhere!

No comments: