IT'S FARMER'S MARKET THIS YEAR, FOR SURE!

Have you ever had one of those weeks that you started something and then just couldn't finish? The plow and tiller work this week (before the rains) did not want to stop! For some odd reason it just kept breaking up ground, and now the original garden has increased in size by more than double from last year!
I have so many plants in my small greenhouse I don't think I'll have much trouble filling the plowed land, but I'm having a tough time figuring out just what all I want to plant. I would hate for any of this good produce to go to waste, so I'm thinking of the best things to grow to get rid of. I have the room now for some of the more exotic things I have always wanted to try, like spaghetti squash and some different peppers - and maybe even some tomatillos for my salsa this year!
There are several farmer's markets here, so finding an outlet for the excess should not be a problem. I'm going to try growing in different methods, also, like Japanese tomato rings instead of just trellising, and the big greenhouse will be up and running with some hydroponic and aquaponic systems in there. I can't wait to get started with the water!
It's time for me to finish my planting plan, so hopefully we will dry out enough to actually plant some of these cabbages, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli babies I have been growing.
Best of gardening to you, and better weather for the garden!

No comments: