Not Anymore!

Rain every other day or so can wreak havoc on good intentions. I intended to have all the gardens planted before this weekend, but with the rain coming and going its just been too wet to work the dirt! What I have been able to accomplish has been growing like a weed - well, some of it is weeds!
As you can tell it's still very very wet and I can't get to weed prevention just yet!
This is the little garden (the north 1/3 of it, anyway!), the big garden is still under construction and not all planted.
But I did get 162 feet of toamtoes, sunflowers, garlic, onions, and marigolds out before it rained - almost, since I planted the last of while the rain poured down. I was a muddy mess! You can't see the plants very well in the shadow of the clouds, but I promise they are there! I forgot to get the basil out there, so I'll have to go back to do that. I love the way basil keeps the bugs away! I used lemon last time and it smelled so GREAT in and around the garden! I also had no pest problem at all with the garden tomatoes - not even hornworms!

No comments: